If there is something that characterises the Ambroz Valley, the exuberance of its forests, broadleaves and conifers play to form a mosaic that, in the autumn months, acquires all its splendour.
The Ambroz Valley is a place of contrasts, with mountains that exceed 2,000 meters and areas of meadow and pasture at only 500 meters of altitude, with an abundance of water due to the gorges and rivers that descend quickly from the mountains.
This difference in height gives rise to a significant gap in a relatively short space interval, which results in that the network of trails that cross these mountains have excellent downhill sections.
Highlights of the trip:
In addition to touring the spectacular trails that cross the green forests that characterise this natural region surrounding the Sierra de Gredos, we will have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy the excellent local cuisine.
- Stay in a high-quality hotel establishment.
- Immerse yourself in the local lifestyle of the inhabitants of these mountains.
- Know and visit Hervás, with a merely spectacular Jewish neighbourhood.
The Ambroz Bike Adventure is a package of intense activity, during the three days of action we travel a total of 75 kilometres, where 95% are sections of descent. We will obtain a cumulative positive elevation of 910 meters to descend some 5,750 meters.
Naturally, this significant difference in altitude achieved by the lifts that we make in our 4x4 vehicle with trailer adapted to bikes of all sizes and wheel sizes (26, 27.5 and 29 inches).
The trails that we will descend are ancient and ancestral routes of communication. Therefore, we will find a varied combination of pavements, flow paths and paths with rocks and roots that will require all your skills as a mountain biker. Usually, the climbs are done by forest track and road in the 4x4 vehicle and the downhill sections by trail.
To make the crossing in conditions of safety and comfort, both individually and collectively, requires an excellent physical and technical condition, for this we put all our efforts to organise groups with a similar level.
Keep in mind that the level of skill required reflects an overall rating of the tour, but you should consider that we will find specific sections and obstacles that will increase the level of difficulty, both physical and technical.
To do this during the booking process, through the form that must complement, we will determine your needs, and in this way, we make sure that we put you in a group according to your physical and technical level. The maximum number of members of the group will be five bikers plus a guide, in addition to the support vehicle.
We establish the meeting point at the entrance of the municipality of Hervás (Cáceres), in the days before the guide will specify the exact location.
This package varies according to the month in which it developed, and this is what we have planned so that we can make the most of the sunlight hours.
For November, December and February the schedule is as follows:
- Day 1 (Friday): the activity begins around 11:00 in the morning (this way we give a margin of time so that you have enough time to reach Hervás). We will be riding about 5 hours.
- Day 2 (Saturday): the activity begins around 9:00 in the morning. We will be riding about 7 hours.
- Day 3 (Sunday): the activity starts approximately 9:00 in the morning. We will be riding about 5 hours.
For March, April and May the schedule is as follows:
- Day 1 (Friday): the activity starts around 5:00 p.m. (this way we give you a margin of time so that you have enough time to reach Hervás). We will be riding about 3 hours.
- Day 2 (Saturday): the activity begins around 9:00 in the morning. We will be riding about 8 hours.
- Day 3 (Sunday): the activity starts approximately 9:00 in the morning. We will be riding about 6 hours.
Apparently, the schedules may vary depending on the weather conditions and the characteristics of the group.
Ideally, after a great day of mountain biking, the accommodation offers all possible comforts to make you feel at home, a place to relax and rest. Therefore, the quality and personalised treatment of the accommodations we choose is a mark of identity of this Bike Adventure.
Another high point of this adventure is the excellent gastronomy. Therefore, we encourage you to taste the local cuisine, based on local foods. However, there is also the option of ordering more recognisable simple dishes.
Hospederia Valle del Ambroz
This pack is planned to spend all the hours of activity riding a bicycle. We think that at the end of each day you can spend time relaxing or visiting Hervás, which is well worth a quiet visit. At the end of the afternoon, next to a few beers, we will hold a briefing the next day.
We have selected some activities, not included in the price, with which to complete your experience: